Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How to have FATs???


Say it with me! I need FATs! I need FATs! I need FATs!
Ok FINE! I am being lame! I don't want to be fat la! I just really need FATs! Short for Family Altar Time!(FATs! wahahahaha I am so cute!) Since my journey from Chennai Royal Kids ICIC till now(see story here), I never fully understood the importance of FAT until this pass weeks. Maybe I still haven't got the super total great effects of it, but I have experienced it enough to know why our Heavenly Father said it is important. BECAUSE it yields amazing results which you won't have experience otherwise.

"And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me? So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite. And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed Obededom, and all his household." (2 Samuel 6:9-11). The ark of the covenant is the CENTERPIECE in the tabernacle, the most important piece of furniture, the place where God made known His holy presence in the midst of the most holy place.
Where the ark of God was, it was a blessing. That place was a BLESSED PLACE. The tabernacle was blessed. The temple was blessed. The house of Obededom was blessed. God was there in a special way. God was in that place. Where God was was a blessing. It wasn't just a blessing to Obededom, who opened the door to have it there, but for all his household. Everyone in his household was blessed. God was there. The ark was there. It was in his home. All his household knew it and were blessed. Wherever God is honored there is to be found His blessing.
The HEART, the HOME, the ASSEMBLY (church) – all three of these places are a special concern to God and where God can manifest Himself in a special way. God can certainly be in the heart (Gal. 2:20). God can certainly be in the home (Gen. 18:19). God certainly ought to be in His church (Rev. 2:1; 1:20). Everything is in the presence of the omnipresent God, but the enjoyment of His presence requires a healthy relationship to God by way of the cross.

The believing heart should be knowing that it is set apart for God to be God. "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy" (1 Cor. 7:14). Wherever the ark was, that territory was blessed. When the ark was at the home of Obededom, his territory was blessed. Wherever God is found in the heart, that territory is blessed and set apart. If God is found in the heart of a believing wife or a believing husband, then the territory of that home (including the children and the unbelieving spouse) is set apart in a special way. One REAL BELIEVING PERSON IN THE HOME makes a big difference.
source

Where there is FAT there will be blessings! Look at Obededom! Having FAT is like having the ark! It is the modern day's ark. Genuinely look at our society today, no stop, don't even look at others, look at your own family. How much of your time this week is for your family? When was the last time your family put down all your iphones/ipad and have a proper meal when you actually talked to each other? When was the last time you held your mum's hand and told her how much you love her? When was the last time you talked to your dad? When was the last time you know why your sister cry in her bed? I must say it hadn't been very easy for me when I decided to take the leap of faith and start to carry it out. Just ask the me half a year ago and I would have ignored you. Seriously family time? I don't even want to talk to my dad, he will scream at me.(ok fine, he does it less now)

I'm writing here to remind myself, Yu Jie, don't you ever give up! Don't you ever say no to the Holy Spirit! Don't you ever give in to what people say to you! Don't you ever be discourage by the comments from your own family members! Because every you make the decision to say yes to Holy Spirit, the results had always been out of your expectation!

I don't know the perfect way of doing FAT but I just have been trying and asking HS how to do it each time. I knew I had to be creative to cater to the needs of my family, teen to.... middle age man(so easy...NOT) First point I felt led to touch on was.....LOVE. I bought the Love Dare book and has been using it as a family. So far we have been through love is patience, kindness, selfless and thoughtful~ I will share something special I learnt that week, twice I did activity. I had us draw out ourselves and cut each of them if we said something mean to the others(thanks Iris!). To show that careless words hurts, love is careful about your words. The other time I kope Shuifeng jie's idea of using cups and water to show the infilling power of Holy Spirit. And currently we are playing 'Angel and Mortal' as a family! Actually it is very fun because we always take our family for granted! This game allows us to be extra special to each other. And it was Yu Rou's idea! So cute! And we always had time to split into groups and pray for each other(6 divide by 2=3groups)
It hadn't be an easy journey at all! They will say mean stuff sometimes and some times don't even sit properly to participate, pushing and blaming etc. But HS gave me strength to continue and just preserve on! It's not easy but my mum and sisters have all in their own time showed how they actually really appreciate this family time which could have seem impossible a year ago. The atmosphere of the house is (got improvement la!) better, we will use small actions to show our love for one another and we gave nice stuff to each other and.......... MY DAD BOUGHT ME GONGCHA YESTERDAY! Cus his my angel la! But for the whole week he got me nothing... I was the rare one with nothing special from my angel. And my dad actually BOUGHT GONGCHA for me! I think that is enough miracle for me to continue this FAT! :X   Through the FAT I personally also learnt ALOT! I learnt to be much more patient, kind, selfless and thoughtful! Not only to my family but to Eugene and also others! So blessing my family has actually bless me a lot! I learnt SO MUCH! Ok Yu Jie please remember this post and don't stop ok??

No comments: