Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's raining

But those who wait for the LORD's help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles' wings, they run without growing weary, they walk without getting tired. -Isaiah 40:31

It finally felt a little more cold in our air conditioned but not cold office and I realized it was due to the heavy downpour outside. The weather is so unpredictable these days. Little did I know this rain was a miracle from God. Just yesterday I told God I will have faith in Him and humble myself to hold His hand. Today He gave me an answer to the one of the most important question that has been tugging on my heart and that itself is a miracle.

To rise on eagle's wings, you know what that means? Often when eagle swoop down they open their wings and depends on the wind to glide them. It is not by their strength but by the strength of the wind. This is why the verse says run but not weary and walk without being tired. When I ride on God's shoulder and become dependent on Him, He gives me the wind to continue. I can run for Him not because I have power or might, but because I have His mighty wind guiding me through.

Eugene and I have been together for 5 years, it started off with the intention of getting married in the end. But we were young and little did we know what it really take to be a couple and our 5 years road had a lot of trials. Getting married prove to be more difficult than I thought. There were so many times I asked God should I let go? Should I move on? But He made me hold on time and time again. One of the most important problem- we are in different churches. If you are in a serious relationship, you will understand how much this 'small' difference matters. It causes a lot of strain on our relationship and our spiritual growth were so different. Time and time again I will be in church wishing that Eugene was here with me, experiencing it all. But I did more than wishing, I often pray for God to guide us. We are both very stubborn and strong headed people. No amount of persuasion from me can make him come to my church and I knew that the only one who can persuade either one of us is God. So I waited and didn't bring this up because it is sure to spark off an argument.

But through this toughest time and past week, God showed His grace and love for us! He used a rain to change Eugene's mind, to reaffirm him that he should come to En Community. It is not my church or his church now, it is our church. I know it's going to be tough, his Chinese standard is far from good and going to a Chinese church will be tough for him. But I'm too bless to be stress! Let God lead! I just want to glide on faith like an eagle.....

No comments: