Monday, July 9, 2012

Wishes don't come true

We often mistake quick wishes for prayers. One is casual while the other one comes with a price call time. You know God answers which one     
-Pastor Philip Mantofa

Why why why..... the big issues just seem to keep coming and leaving baffled as to how to go on. I can't help but think that maybe God is forcing me to pray- really pray, not make wishes. It doesn't help that I can't tell anyone, but maybe God wants me to learn total dependency on Him... Ok He does want to learn that. I guess I must be thankful that He gave me this perservering character and never say die attitude.

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken     
- C.S Lewis

Maybe that is why i feel so broken... I can't imagine how God can possibly love us so much to actually go through all the pain. He let me have a peak of how love actually can hurt a lot when the other party 'fail' you. Time and time again He keeps on reminding me to pray pray pray. The kind of prayer that He desires from us is not a casual wish. Dear Father helped me to just quieten all else and pray... Just You and me...


No comments: